Job Title: Seasonal Part-time Caretaker/Gardener
Responsibilities and key tasks: Duties will include general cabin & gardening maintenance, co-ordinating voluntary placements and community groups access to the cabin. Construction skills including bricklaying and woodwork skills are desirable.
Part-time Seasonal Caretaker/Gardener required for Belville Community Garden, 18hrs per week Mon-Thurs, 9-12noon, July – Sept 2016.
- Will adhere to Belville Community Garden Trust policies.
- Ability to work independently using your own initiative, as a competent and effective caretaker.
- Committed and proactive approach to personal development, motivated to learn new skills and seek new challenges, and to motivate others to do the same.
- Demonstrable time management.
- Practical horticultural maintenance skills.
- Ability to supervise and explain tasks to staff and volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills – you’ll have experience of dealing with a wide range of people.
- You are energetic with stamina, willing and able to do physical, outdoor work in all weathers.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to carry out shared tasks and work within a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Experience of working with a range of volunteers.
- Construction skills including bricklaying and woodworking.
The expectations of every employee that we regard as essential include:
- A positive and passionate work attitude.
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of their work.
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes.
- Take responsibility for your own safety and ensure that colleagues and visitors are not exposed to danger.
- Abide by Belville Community Garden policies and endeavour to follow good working practice at all times.
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member.
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- A commitment and contribution to improving Belville Community Garden and partners environmental performance.
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges This job description should be seen as enabling rather than restrictive, and will be subject to regular review.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested by your manager including completing appropriate training.
This post is for 18hrs per week Mon-Thurs, 9-12noon, July – Sept 2016.
CV and cover letter describing suitability for the post should preferably be emailed to email@example.com. Alternatively post to The Garden Manager, Belville Community Garden Trust, Mentor Gardens, 1 Ratho Street, Greenock PA15 2BU. Closing date is 12 noon, 24th June. Interviews will be held 30th June. (Living wage payable).
Further information can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
This post will be subject to PVG membership.
Belville Community Garden Trust is a registered Scottish Charity SC045148.